Sunday, June 29, 2008

Astronaut in Training

After the washington monument we went to the mall and viewed the NASA exhibit. Here we were all able to sign the actual tire from space shuttle, which after leaving the exhibit will be sent to the Smithsonian. We all had fun playing with the different things they had for us to learn from. Here Caden is playing with the actual computer that launches the Space Shuttle. The gentleman from NASA said that in his 20 years and 60+ space shuttle launches he has never needed to hit ctl-alt-delete. We will be sad to see the space shuttle retired but are excited with the ARES program and its abilities.




7 comments:

Jamie said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite field trips as a child: The Exploratorium. It's in California somewhere. Don't ask me where. I just got on the big yellow bus and it took me there. Anyway, I love how curious children are and I can still remember being one. This looks like it was a blast!

Jamie said...

P.S. Kevin really likes your rolls

3 Docs and A Diva said...

It was fun to talk with Eliza today. We are so excited you will soon be closer.
It looks like you had a fun time as a family, with Caden as usual being very inquisitive and wanting to know it all and everywhere at once:)
Have a fun trip!
We love all of you!
Nana

3 Docs and A Diva said...

I always see I leave words out or misspell words AFTER my comments are posted.

That was suppose to read 'know it all and BE everywhere at once!' He makes me laugh and reminds me of his dad.

Hideaway Girl said...

We really like your pizza! I still need that recipe. :)

Oh, and it looks like Caden is having fun. Hurry up and see all those sites! Especially since you guess have nothing else to do this month.

3 Docs and A Diva said...

We are happy you are home and had a wonderful time. We are looking forward to seeing some great pictures of your amazing 4th of July trip. We loved hearing about it. Hope daddy finds you a great new home and all goes well. You are in our prayers.
Love you all, Nana

Beth at Aunties said...

It looks like you have 4 adorable Astronauts in Training. What a lucky lady you are, to be blessed with four beautiful children! who is that dark good looking guy in the background? YUM